In preparation for the forecasted storms, the City of Davis offers the following suggestions:
- Ensure curbs, gutters and storm drains are clear of leaves and debris to minimize the impact on the storm drainage system.
- Be aware of possible localized flooding.
- Take precautions when driving, allow extra time to stop and watch for cyclists and pedestrians.
- Take precautions when walking and cycling, wet roads combined with wet leaves can create hazardous conditions. When cycling, use front and rear lights and wear bright, reflective clothing as visibility for all road users will be decreased.
- In preparation for a possible power outage, have battery-operated flashlights and radios with fresh batteries ready. Use battery-operated flashlights, not candles.
- If you have a telephone system that requires electricity to work (such as a cordless phone or answering machine), plan for alternate communication. In case of a power outage, have a standard telephone handset or cellular telephone ready as a backup.
- During extended periods of power outage, ensure you have sufficient bottled water, a first aid kit, flashlights, a battery-powered radio, non-perishable food items, blankets, clothing, prescription drugs, eyeglasses, personal hygiene supplies, and a small amount of cash or traveler’s checks.
If you need to notify the City of a problem, or need assistance:
- Medical or public safety emergencies, call 9-1-1
- Downed Tree/Limb, during business hours call City of Davis Parks at (530) 757-5756; after hours call the Davis Police non-emergency line at (530) 747-5400.
- Localized flooding and drainage issues, during business hours call City of Davis Public Works at (530) 757-5686; after hours call the Davis Police non-emergency line at (530) 747-5400.
- Power outage or downed power lines, contact PG&E at 1-800-743-5002. For online services:
Please be aware that City of Davis crews are working throughout the community and will respond to your call as soon as they are able.
Hide From Recent Content: No