The City of Davis Continues to Solicit Applications for City Commissions
The City of Davis is accepting applications from citizens, 18 years of age and older, interested in serving on one of the following commissions:
- City-UCD Student Liaison
- Finance and Budget
- Historical Resources Management
- Open Space and Habitat
- Senior Citizens
By serving on a City commission, you are helping plan the future of Davis. Commissions serve as a conduit for citizen input – a way of gathering, analyzing and recommending options to the City Council. Commissions also provide an important avenue for determining the community’s feelings about issues and extending the reach of the democratic process.
Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 23 Russell Boulevard during regular business hours, or downloaded at http://city-managers-office.cityofdavis.org/city-clerk/apply-to-serve-on-a-city-commission. Individuals interested in applying to the Planning Commission must also fill out the supplemental Planning Commissioner Questionnaire. Please be aware that all applications and accompanying documents are considered public information and may be disclosed/released pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
In addition to the application form, commission applicants will participate in a 10-minute private interview with the Council subcommittee and City staff. Applications are tentatively scheduled to be submitted to City Council for appointment January 2015.
CITY-UCD STUDENT LIAISON COMMISSION
- Addresses issues and concerns that arise between UC Davis students and non-student citizens.
- Recommends action programs, emphasizing a preventative and educational approach.
- Meets: 2nd Wednesday (monthly), 4:30pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMISSION
- Analyzes technical, financial and budgeting issues requested by City Council.
- Fosters public understanding of local government finance.
- Meets: 2nd Monday (monthly), 7:00pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
HISTORICAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT COMMISSION
- Maintains inventory and recommends designation of historical resources.
- Reviews applications for alteration permits for historical structures.
- Members with experience/knowledge in historic preservation, cultural heritage of Davis and/or professional qualifications in architecture, history, prehistoric/historic archeology, urban planning, law, real estate, folklore, museum curation, conservation, landscape architecture, American studies and cultural geography are highly desired to maintain compliance with Certified Local Government Guidelines.
- Meets: 3rd Monday (monthly), 7:00pm, Hattie Weber Museum, 445 C Street.
OPEN SPACE AND HABITAT COMMISSION
- Advises on matters relating to open space issues, programs, projects and habitats.
- Fosters dialogue with the community for open space projects and issues.
- Meets: 1st Monday (monthly), 6:30pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
SENIOR CITIZENS COMMISSION
- Advises on matters relating to policies and programs that serve senior citizens.
- Identifies needs of the aging in the community.
- Explores improved and new services in private and public sectors.
- Meets: 2nd Thursday (monthly), 2:30pm, Davis Senior Citizens Center, 646 A Street.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (530) 757-5648 or visit the City of Davis website at http://city-council.cityofdavis.org/commissions.
Hide From Recent Content: No